Viraltag Review - Viraltag Tips - How To Use Viraltag
If you haven't heard of Viraltag then hopefully this informative Viraltag review will shed some light on the benefits of using it to compliment what you do with Pinterest. Your interest may have even peaked a little understanding that this review is associated with Pinterest as well since there are still many businesses, marketers, bloggers and website owners that are constantly looking for methods and tools to get the most out of what they can do in their efforts to improve their exposure on Pinterest.
Lets touch on some Pinterest basics first. So what is Pinterest exactly ? Well, in a nutshell, it's a visual discovery platform. In laymen terms, that just means that you discover content through the use of imagery or photos through boards that are created by the user. These boards all have unique themes that could be anything.. for example.. favorite foods, top fashion trends, must have shoes etc. Now you may wonder, well how's that fit into what I do as a blogger or website owner that doesn't fit into any of those categories. My answer to you would simply be that I had the same question that you have when I learned about Pinterest too, but I've also learned that Pinterest is a great fit for "anyone".
To see how I use Pinterest to align to the content that I write about, just visit my Pinterest board to get some ideas as to how you can use it for yourself. You can either follow me or follow any of my boards you like that are of interest to you while you're there: Candid Writer On Pinterest.
People spend on average more than 10 minutes per visit on Pinterest which means that people are engaged and active on this website in a meaningful way which is good for you if you have boards on their website too. However, as someone that has created several boards there, it is very time consuming to pin photos "manually" so finding a tool that can make more efficient use of time isn't a bad idea. In fact, it's highly recommended.
Viraltag Scheduling Management Tool
I personally use a couple of tools for Pinterest pin management and Viraltag is the newest addition to my toolkit. At it's core function, this platform serves as a scheduling management tool for your activities on Pinterest. With that said, the first thing that you should be aware of is their pricing schedule. Unfortunately, they aren't a completely free tool, but you can try them out for free by clicking on any of the activate viraltag buttons as the one seen above.
As you can see depicted in the image with respect to your social profiles, one thing that I do like about Viraltag is that you get to push your scheduled images to several social profiles upon publishing which allows for increased exposure for your pins. This is definitely a huge benefit to using the scheduler in conjunction with any of the social accounts that you choose to connect.. something that I will get into a little later on in the post.
Nevertheless, once you've given them your details after choosing which option you'd like to continue on with after your trial is over, you'll be able to start making full use of the platform. You will find on the navigation panel to the left side of your screen the following items:
Dashboard which has 4 subsections that are the following:
- Scheduled Posts - this section shows you the images that you have scheduled that include details such as time to be scheduled, the link and description associated with the scheduled image, the connected account that you also want associated with that image and the date when the post will be published to the selected Pinterest board selected for the post as well. All of this is viewable in the image below including the "bulk options". You can apply one board, one description and one link to all of your images at the same time. A very nice utility if you're not interested in varying the information from image to image.
- Recent Posts - shows you the most recent published posts.
- Failed Posts - posts that the system was not able to publish to your board. Retrying / rescheduling may result in a good submission.
- Posting Schedule - allows you specify time frames for when you want posts to be scheduled (Disclosure: not an option that I have used since I find the regular scheduler meets my needs adequately for my boards).
Post... With respect to this section, once you have clicked on it, opens another dialogue box that gives you options for how you'll introduce / upload images into the system through the following means as depicted in the images to follow as well:
- my computer (uploading directly from your computer)
- Facebook (uploading from Facebook)
- Web Images (embedded search function that allows you to search the web for any string of keywords that you input for images)
- Flickr (uploading from Flickr)
- Picasa (uploading from Picasa)
- Instagram (uploading from Instagram)
Discover - this section allows you to discover images that you can pin to your boards if you need a little inspiration. What I like about this section is that you don't have to leave the website to find the images. It's incorporated right into the discovery page itself. There are several categories to choose from or you can conduct your own search right from this page for images that you want to share or pin.. which can be added to the scheduler simultaneously.
The categories include the following as also depicted in the image below, however you will also notice in the second image that I did a search for SEO to depict what results show up for search terms you input and in the following image, that upon clicking the clock symbol in the lower left hand corner brings up the scheduler as well:
- Fun & Humor
- DIY & Crafts
- Home & Interiors
Accounts - This is is the section where you can connect your profiles / social accounts. The networks that they allow you to work with are as followed and as also depicted in the image below While you only have 5 networks, on the Pro plan you can connect up to 10 profiles:
Settings which has 4 subsections that are the following:
- Team - Disclosure: I have not been able to get this section to work so I'm still not sure as to what it does yet.
- Payment Info - Provides basic informational details on your choice of subscription plan.
- Extensions - Gives you added functionality to the Viral Tag platform by allowing for greater flexibility in how you pin with their bookmarklet and extensions. Three are provided for your use (e.g. Chrome Extension, Safari Extension and the Viraltag bookmarklet for use in Internet Explorer and / or Firefox) as depicted in the image below.
- Referral Program - Gives you the opportunity to be able to use the platform completely free through referrals. You are provided with a referral link that can be promoted through social media outlets and each time a customer signs up for an upgraded plan you earn a $30 credit for use in the system and the purchaser earns a $15 credit themselves.
In closing, I'd like to say this.. that if you've been following my posts for any amount of time you will find that I'm not one to "pitch" anything per se, especially on a product that I have not used or signed up to use myself personally. I value your thoughts as well as I hope you value mine. I will provide you with a post that is informative and leave the rest up to you.
With that said, I hope you've enjoyed this walkaround of the Viraltag Pinterest management tool.
Thanks for reading. If you liked the post, please use the share buttons below and hopefully I'll see you on Pinterest too.
#candidwriter #pinterest #viraltag