Instagram analytics is without question a remarkably powerful tool. So how do you find good.. and I mean the really good analytics for Instagram ? Well that’s what we’re going to talk about today. While the Instagram website is a social media powerhouse, many users have no idea about what is effective and what isn’t before creating an account and even while using their platform.
If there’s one thing that I have learned online over the years is that regardless of the platform (social media or not), knowing the analytics is a “must” and without it, you’re flying blind just hoping for the best. Instagram tools such as the one that I am going to discuss in this post is a top tool that any Instagram user should use for Instagram keyword discovery, website monitoring and more and you need only look at the examples that I will show you to truly understand and come to grips with just how incredibly powerful this information can be and what it means for your potentially massive success online.
With that said, since pictures are media and considered a very critical component of what we do as bloggers, it’s no wonder why everyone is jumping on the Instagram bandwagon right ? Do you realize that it’s possible to basically reverse engineer the success that other users on Instagram are seeing ? It starts with knowing what keywords other Instagram users are targeting and then ensuring that you target the same keywords and follow basic SEO rules to optimize your Instagram activity. The secret is in the Instagram analytics data that indefinitely set you apart from those who have competitive intelligence data (otherwise known as analytics data) and those who don’t. The right tool(s) in your arsenal will put you miles ahead of the bloggers and website owners that don’t think analytics matter. It doesn’t matter whether we’re talking about local business that focus on local SEO or a blogger who blogs as a hobby. We all want our content to be seen and a ridiculously huge ingredient in this secret sauce to getting it done is in the analytics.. plain and simple.
Let’s consider the following. On Instagram you can associate a photo with just about any niche right ? I’m not sure what kind of blogger you are or may be aspiring to be or what your niche is, but let’s focus on the food blogger (just as an example) for the purpose of today’s post. Tons of pictures for this niche right and tons of food bloggers out there too, so again to reiterate.. it is truly a great example to look at for the purposes of discussing Instagram analytics.
Either this looks really attractive to you or it doesn’t, but it should and here’s why.
I’ll tell you the jaw dropping information in each column:
- Column 1 – the keywords (keywords that you probably didn’t know about)
- Column 2 – the position where this Instagram page shows up in Google when you search for the keyword. The first number shows the current position and the number in parenthesis () is where it was positioned before the last update
- Column 3 – ohhh this is good.. the search volume for the keyword.. another powerful piece of analytic juicy goodness
- Column 4 – the keyword density which basically tells you how hard it is going to be to rank for the keyword but don’t always be turned off by the high numbers because pages “aren’t always” optimized to rank well based on keyword density
- Column 5 – the cpc is your cost per click.. this information tells you how much people are paying “per click” to have their sites / pages show up without having to rank organically for the same terms
- Column 6 – the exact page that is ranking for that term (again pretty awesome data at your fingertips)
- Column 7 – the percentage of traffic coming from this page that contributes to the domain that you searched for and in this example I searched the domain “Instagram.com” and filtered results by the keyword “food” without quotes
- Column 8 – this gives you the estimated price of the keyword in Google Adwords. Honestly, I never use this section so I can’t attest to it’s usefulness either
- Column 9 –this tells you the competitive density of advertisers using the term for their ads. (1) is the highest so if this is a metric that you plan to use, you can gauge the difficulty based on the number that is associated with the term
- Column 10 – this is how many other urls that you’re competing with or another way of looking at this is how many urls are listed for this term in organic search
- Column 11 – this is amazing information too as it shows you the interest of searchers for this keyword in the last twelve months
- Column 12 – this is a snapshot (Google’s cache) of search results for this particular keyword
- Column 13 – this is the last time the keyword results were updated in Google
NOTE: If you’d rather just skip the rest of this and get right to it and you’re ready to discover and start using what is quite frankly a truly life changing analytics tool, just click the button below to start using it for free or go with a paid plan.
However, if you’re still reading, let’s talk about our next example where you can see that there is no particular sorting so what I’m going to do now is sort by search volume. I love volume just like the next person when it comes to analytics. What are the big terms to go after and alternatively what are the low hanging fruit terms as well, but we’ll focus on the larger volume keywords as you’ll see sorted in the next image.
You can see that the results are now sorted by volume and the first keyword is food network and other details about this that is invaluable:
Search volume: 1.2 million searches per month
Google position is #9
The page that it’s associated with is seen below has over 2800 posts and 2.9 million followers.
What this tells me is that it’s going to be pretty hard to rank for this term according to the analytics data that I’ve already seen through an Instagram account, but the other reality is that this is also a branded keyword.
So with that said, lets take a look at another example: legal seafood (unbranded) which shows the following:
Search volume 49k
Google position is #15
The page that is associated with it is showing only 315 posts, nearly 2500 followers and only following 16 users on Instagram and again we’re talking nearly 50,000 searches a month and in Google it’s ranked in the middle of page 2. This is a much easier term to rank for through Instagram and the search volume is pretty impressive as well.
The page can be seen here:
With this tool, there is no guesswork. It’s no magical. It’s straightforward Instagram analytics data that can propel your success and visibility online for keywords you want to target through the Instagram website.
The next thing that we’re going to do is sort by position. This is absolutely sensational because we can see according to the data we’ve been able to collect pertaining to Instagram analytics what Instagram pages and keywords are ranking in the top positions organically in Google.
Check this out in the following image:
What you see here is pretty mesmerizing because not only have I sorted this by position, but I have also added filters to my search that include the keyword that I wanted to find results between pages 1 and 2 of Google and that I wanted the search volume for anything I got back from the report to be greater than 500 searches a month. We’re literally talking laser targeting type of Instagram analytics data on Instagram.com for any keyword I want to look at more in depth.
This is analytic data that you can use pertaining to Instagram analytics to figure out what keywords do I target for my Instagram account. This is the kind of data that can be used for any website that is registered online. This is information that can provide remarkable insight into what your competitors are doing. This is Instagram search and analytic data that if you’re on Instagram can transform your Instagram success.
Additional insight that I will share with you is that I use this tool personally for all my keyword and analytic data and highly recommend it. You can use this tool for free for 7 days to witness and experience just how reliable, authentic and powerful this really is.
Thanks for reading. If you liked the post, please use the share buttons below.
#candidwriter #instagram #analytics